RIVERGROVE WATER DISTRICT
Water Distribution Operator/Utility II
Open until filled
POSITION: Working under the direct supervision of the General Manager, individuals in this classification will:
· Review construction plans and specifications, manage/inspect District and developer construction projects and contracts for consultant services
· Perform field work such as AMR installations, and testing and distribution projects
· Perform direct customer service
· Share On-Call duties with other water operators
· Coordinate management and/or inspections with the General Manager for District and developer construction projects
SALARY RANGE: $27.00 to 33.00 PER HOUR DOE: The final salary will be negotiated after selection and will depend upon qualifications and experience.
TO QUALIFY: Must have a High school diploma and a valid Oregon driver’s license. Preference will be given to the candidates with an Associate Degree in Water Technology, WD 1 or 2 and/or WT 1 or 2 certifications, and/or 3 years’ experience in similar positions or equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference will be given for experience working in municipal or Government agencies.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to skillfully communicate via public speaking and written documents, emails, and letters. Must be able to operate Microsoft standard business software and learn to operate CUSI utility billing system.
EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS: Excellent employee benefits and holiday pay
· 12 paid holidays
· 2 weeks’ vacation per year for first three years of employment
· 8 hours a month sick leave
· Full medical/vision, dental, alternative care, and 3 supplemental health plans from Aflac for employee and family. Medical starts after 60 days of hire
· Pension - District contributes 12% of gross pay to a deferred compensation retirement plan. Pension starts after 6 months
NOTE: We are committed to ensuring the health and safety for our employees and community. As part of this commitment, all District employees are required to be fully vaccinated and proof of full vaccination will be required prior to being hired. The vaccination is a minimum qualification requirement to be hired by the District. We understand that some are unable to be vaccinated for a variety of reasons, including medical and religious/spiritual reasons. Should you be offered employment, there is an exemption process that provides for an exception/reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious reason. Newly-hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
TO APPLY: Applications may be picked up at the Rivergrove Water District Office location at 17661 Pilkington Rd, Lake Oswego, OR or found on-line at www.rivergrovewater.com. You may also send an email request for an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may be attached to the completed application but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. Completed applications can be returned by email to email@example.com